Let kids exercise their creative juices as they learn about
Scripture: Genesis 1:3-27
You'll Need: 8½ x 11 white card stock, crayons,
paper clips, and a Bible
- Read Genesis 1:3-5. Give children each a sheet of card stock
and tell them they're going to create a scratch art picture of
- Read Genesis 1:6-8. Have kids color the top one-third of their
- Read Genesis 1:9-10. Have kids color the middle third green. On
the bottom one-third of the paper, have kids draw one half brown
and one half blue.
Have kids use a black crayon to thickly cover the entire page.
Give each child a paper clip, and help children unfold one end of
the paper clip to use as a scratching tool.
- Read Genesis 1:11-13. Have kids scratch off plant shapes on
- Read Genesis 1:14-19. Have kids scratch off the moon and
- Read Genesis 1:20-23. Have kids scratch off fish shapes on the
lower half of the paper.
- Read Genesis 1:24-25. Have kids scratch off animal shapes on
the lower half of the paper.
- Read Genesis 1:26-27. Have kids scratch off people on the
Ask kids to show one another their creations as they talk about
their favorite things that God created.
This activity is part of the camp idea "Camp Can-Do" which was excerpted
from Children's Ministry Magazine. Subscribe