A fun game designed to spread a little Christmas cheer to kids
who are not yet ready to read.
For this fun Christmas bingo game, create nine 1-inch squares on
a single page and paste in a different Christmas clip art image in
Use a manger with straw, a star, a cow, a candle, a shepherd with
sheep, an angel, Mary, a gift, and a donkey. Print a Bingo game
card for each child with rearranged images on different
To play the game, give each child nine wrapped Christmas candies
and a Bingo card. Have kids place a Christmas candy on each figure
as you describe it with the following clues. (A "Bingo" is any
three pictures in a row.)
- Straw -- "I am the straw, all golden brown,
where Mary laid her baby down."
- Star -- "I am the star that shone so bright
over baby Jesus that first night."
- Cow -- "I am the cow with breath so sweet who
breathed on baby Jesus' feet."
- Candle -- "I am the candle with the warm, soft
glow that lit that room so long ago."
- Shepherd -- "I am the shepherd with my sheep
who came to watch the baby sleep."
- Angel -- "I am the angel who told of Christ's
birth. I shouted the message, 'Peace on Earth!' "
- Mary -- "I am Mary, the mother of this baby
boy. To serve God completely is my heart's greatest joy."
- Gift -- "I am the present the wisemen would
bring to worship this baby born to be King."
- Donkey -- "I am the donkey who walked a long
road with Mary the mother as my heavy load."
If you have children who have listening or language problems,
make a full-page copy of each piece of game art so you can show the
picture as you read the description. Give each child a small bag to
take home the Christmas candies after the Bingo game.
Spread joy and love with a church Christmas
program for families that keeps Jesus as the focus of the
For more information, CLICK